Never be rid of it

SO...

I haven't had a single depressing thought for a while but my anxiety still acts up. I guess I'll never be rid of it but I have learned to live with it. Taking up a new hobby with Ethan is a good choice as it strengthens our bond and gives me an outlet to rid myself of negative emotions.

I have chosen fishing. Fishing to most may seem boring, but it is a great activity to clear my mind by the beach. We work together to fish and gives us plenty of time to talk. Ethan has never been much of a outdoorsy person as compared to my family or friends. I am really thankful, that he is willing to fish with me and even enjoy the whole activity whenever we do it.

Another thing for me to unwind is to be able to write letters or call my BFFE. Although, things between us are different due to our difference in geological location. I am glad, that I have her to get me through my worst times.

Good days would include me, waking up, looking forward to the things Ethan and I will do together. On good days, I will actively be able to get myself together and do things productively. On bad days, I'll find myself overwhelmed by procrastination, no will to do anything, I couldn't even think coherently. Keeping myself occupied is a good distraction.

When Ethan went back to the army for reservice, I went to hole myself up at my grandma's hse for about a week.There, I took the time to think and reflect on my life. Ethan has been providing for me for almost half a year now. I can see how tiring it is for him as it has been for me. With nothing to do and chasing Tv dramas day and night, I went back to my grandma's hse and felt really really blessed. Ethan and I may not have all the riches in the world, but we are doing pretty decent and I appreciate him doing it. I am really blessed by God as I have found the man who is willing to starve just so I may be full. He is willing to sacrifice anything and everything just for me to be happy.

To all the guys out there, Singaporean girls aren't all gold digger. Most of us, just want to see the extent of how much you will go for us. When you're doing your best, we appreciate and life will not be all that hard forever (of course, unless you are a screwed up person).

A $5 meal at a coffeeshop will fill your belly just as a $50 meal would. A 3 room HDB apartment and a bungalow, you can only sleep part of a king size bed. What I'm trying to say is, being poor and rich is something the society created. How rich you are, is how you see your life. A billionaire can feel poor is he has no true friends or family. A pauper can feel rich because he has a 3 room HDB but surround by the closest family and friends. In the end, we will all die. When we do, nothing material matters but probably by the number of friends and family that will attend your funeral.

Do not see who your friends are when you are at your peak, but who your friends are when you are at the lowest point in your life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clarity or what?

It gets me thinking...

爱是习惯吗?